When we launched our safety razors, it was with the objective to reduce the amount of waste produced in the bathroom. When you know that billions of razors are sent to landfill every year, using a safety razor is a much-needed swap.
However talking to friends around, that swap isn't that easy to do. Safety razors are often known as a barber tool, and most people believe it's not usable at home. That was however what our grandfather and grandmother were using before plastic submerged our habits (and ocean). At Bareaya, we believe in going back to the essential.
The current market offers are usually vintage-looking and chunky razors, which make them intimidating. In order to convince more people to take that step and stop throwing away plastic razors, we decided to tweak it and work on some key features to offer a more gentle shaving experience:
- A single blade to provide an irritation and ingrown-free shave
- A curved blade, with minimal exposure and sitting close to the razor head, to offer a low aggressiveness level - while still maintaining the efficiency.
- A long handle: because we need to reach far for all our body parts.
- A finely chiseled handle to give you a good grip while you shave in your shower
- A closed comb to ensure a good guard against cuts and an easy glide on your skin
- A heavy weight and perfect balance so you only have to let it glide on your skin. Gravity will do the rest of the job. You can focus on relaxing.
- A thinner, more elegant design
When you know that this little gem is not only better for the planet, but also for your skin and for your wallet, you will ask why you haven't tried earlier - Follow our recommendation on how best to use a safety razor.
And we are quite confident that when you’ll start shaving with a safety razor, you will never want any disposable razor sitting around in your bathroom ever again.