About our safety razor
When we launched our safety razors, it was with the objective to reduce the amount of waste produced in the bathroom. Knowing that billions of razors are sent to landfill every year, it is pretty natural to consider using a safety razor as a much-needed swap.
However talking to (girl) friends around, that swap isn't so easy to do. Safety razors currently on the market are usually men’s razor, with bold and chunky design, and with the purpose of shaving thick beards in front of a mirror. They still do the job for shaving legs. But they are intimidating. And not glamorous. Without being too sexist, let’s be realistic: we, women, need something a little bit different.
So in order to convince more women to take that step and stop throwing away plastic razors, we decided to tweak it and work on some key features to offer a more gentle shaving experience:
- A single blade to provide an irritation and ingrown-free shave
- A curved blade, with minimal exposure and sitting close to the razor head, to offer a low aggressiveness level - while still maintaining the efficiency.
- A long handle: because we need to reach far for all our body parts and not all of us are super flexible ballet dancers.
- A finely chiseled handle to give you a good grip while you shave in your shower
- A closed comb to ensure a good guard against cuts and an easy glide on your skin
- A heavy weight and perfect balance so you only have to let it glide on your skin. Gravity will do the rest of the job. You can focus on relaxing.
- A thinner, more elegant look and best of all – a pretty color. Because who loves pink plastic anyway?
When you know that this little gem is not only better for the planet, but also for your skin and for your wallet, you will ask why you haven't tried earlier - Follow our recommendation on how best to use a safety razor
And we are quite confident that when you’ll start shaving with such a razor, you will never want any disposable razor sitting around in your bathroom ever again